List of documents
for a Schengen visa

Documents for minors


1. Visa Application Form

For minors, the form must be signed by a parent or person with parental (guardianship) rights.


 2. Foreign passport  (requirements)

  • The passport must be signed.
  • The passport must be valid for at least 3 months after the expiry of the visa.
  • The passport must not exceed 10 years. Extended passports are not accepted.
  • The passport must contain at least two blank pages for visas.
  • Passports are accepted without additional covers (plastic, leather).


Minor children under 14 who do not have their own passport and go abroad under the parent's passport, the visa is issued only if their personal data is entered in the passport with the photo affixed and supported by the Form with a photo.



3.  Birth certificate (photocopy)

After reaching the age of 14 the minor must also provide the national passport.


4. 2 photos (requirements)

       Photos must meet the following criteria:

  • Size - 3.5 x 4.5 cm, color, clear, clean and contrast,
  • The photo must be printed on high quality paper on a light background,
  • Photos shall be made no more than 6 months before,
  • The photo must be made from the front, so that the face occupies 70-80% of the photo.
  • If the applicant wears glasses, the photo must also meet the following criteria:

- No tinted glasses;

- The rim must not  cover any part of the eye;

- There must be no reflections.


5. Health insurance policy  (requirements)


  • Medical insurance with at least EUR30,000 cover;
  • The policy is valid in all Schengen States, typewritten;
  • No insurance deductible;
  • The Embassy accepts insurance policies issued by insurance companies of the European Agreement and European Economic Area or Russian insurance companies accredited to the Embassy. (LIST OF ACCREDITED INSURANCE COMPANIES  make an active link to the site
  • If you plan to travel to Latvia once or twice, you will need to provide the appropriate medical insurance policy that covers all the intended stay, including the additional period of 15 days;
  • If you apply for a multiple-entry visa, it is enough to provide the insurance policy for the first trip;


6. Notarized exit permit from parents:

  • If a minor travels accompanied by one parent (guardian), it is required to provide a notarized exit permit from the child's other parent or guardian, which will be valid in all Schengen states.

In the absence of the other parent the applicant must submit:

- The court's decision on custody;

- Letter from the custody court confirming the custody;

- In case of death of the other parent – the death certificate.

  • If the minor travels unaccompanied, he/she must have a notarized consent from both parents for crossing the border valid in all Schengen states.
  • Unaccompanied minors must have the passport and a notarized consent from both parents, which should indicate the person responsible for the minor in Schengen states.
  • If a multiple entry visa is requested, term of the consent must meet the required visa term.


7. Sponsorship letter from the parent financing the trip, and a financial document of the sponsor.


8. The completed Consent to use the Service Provider's services signed personally by the applicant.


9.  Documents confirming the purpose of the trip.


List of documents depends on the purpose of the trip